Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recycled Silk

Years ago on Ebay I bought some recycled silk made from remnants of Saris.  I tried knitting a few things with it but because it is so rustic, thick and thin it was very difficult to get gauge.  Now that the Weaving bug has bitten me on Monday I'm going to set up a loom at the weaving studio to make a bedspread for a single bed.  It will work up fairly quickly as it is so thick.  I would say it's a bulky weight. 
Not much to tell on the knitting front as I wait for Ravelry to connect "Socks for His Nibs".  Can't seem to start anything else at the moment. 
I got a new laptop which has a webcam on it.  I thought I'd have to read a manual to figure out how to use it but it's easy to use and had some fun with it last night. 

This is a picture of the baby Socks for His Nibs.  Blogger has sure made some improvements to their software.  It's much easier to insert pictures than it used to be. 

No comments: