Sunday, February 7, 2010

Haleluya

Haleluya I'm knitting again.  I could not figure out what was going on.  I've had a day or two now and again where I couldn't decide what to start next but this was the worst ever.  I worked on "Go with the Flow" by Fiona Ellis today and hopefully I'll be able to wear it this summer.  I'm nearly at the point where I start the decreases for the underarms.  I'm using Rowan 4ply Cotton, I usually avoid cotton like the plague but this one is not hard to take.  It's not rubbing the skin off my fingers:)
Martin's father died last week and he's off to the UK on Thursday.  It's much different in the UK than it is here.  We nearly missed his Mom's funeral cause we went to soon.  We had so hoped to see him at least one more time.  Papa was not happy being in the nursing home.  There is not the time to plan taking his ashes to Cornwall so we will probably go back in the summer and we'll all get together to celebrate his life.  Unfortunately I can't go for the funeral as we are too busy here with snow mobilers and we don't have any staff to leave in charge, so I'm it.  Once Martin comes back he's going to Sudbury with Brian to play in a bridge tournament and once he gets back I'm going to go and visit Mom and Dad in Florida for a few days to get some sun, "Glorious Sun".  Shawn and I have been going on a daily basis to their house to feed the deer, birds and the squirrels.  Usually Mom and Dad get up around 6:30 and the deer are waiting for them.  I don't get there till later in the afternoon.  This is picture of a deer Sadie and I saw on our walk behind Lakeshore.  Actually Sadie is too pokie she only noticed this one when it had started to run off.  Oh well she does love a chase.  Just in case you are worried, the deer is under no threat from Miss Sadie.

No comments: