Monday, February 8, 2010

Finally figure out what to do with it

Years ago BR (before Ravelry) I used to spend quite a bit of time and money on EBay.  I bought about 10 lbs of Recycled Silk.   When it arrived Shawn (sister) said it was beautiful I should frame it.  I've knit a few swatches, started a few things but in the end I've ended up frogging them.  Today I threaded a warp and am starting a sample (swatch like in knitting).  I'm going to make a bedspread for a single bed.  I don't think Juanita (daughter) reads the blog so I think I'm safe, I'm also using a bulky weight wool/acrylic mix which used to be a sweater  for her.  It was boring and I'm afraid if it doesn't do anything for me it's frogville for the project.  I'll try and remember to take some pictures.  Since Ravelry I take pictures of all the yarn that comes into the house.  Slowly I'm adding older stash to Ravelry's database but it's a big job and I'd rather be doing other things.  If I've got any of the weaving terms wrong do forgive me cause I'm very new to this:)  I've made a runner for something, not sure what.  I have a big hobby already and was not sure I really wanted another one.  That darn Wendy, she talked me into it:)  Suzanne is making material in black alpaca for her and Norma and is going to sew the jackets.  I'm green with envy. 
I'll leave you with a picture of some Bugga which I managed to buy in a destash on Ravelry.
121709bugga

No comments: