Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nearly strangled the mailman, !!Wollmeise Spoiler!!








Supposedly the Wollmeise packages went out late last week. Today is Tuesday and the door bell rung, the mailman wanted a signature. I was thinking what could it be, not expecting any yarn today:), well I'll be darned the poor mailman didn't know what was going on. I didn't take a picture of the ruler, ate the candy and we got a set of 2.5 mm double pointed needles by Holz and Stein. Plus of course a pattern, will have to take a picture of it. Absolutely yummy, don't know what I'll knit with them but I sure won't be wanting to trade them for something else.


One of Martin's socks is done. Looks a bit funny off the foot but once on looks like a normal sock. I love Cat Bordhi's sock architecture.


I finally ended up using EZ's sewn bind off. I stared a thread on Ravelry asking for help. There was a lot of good suggestions. The one I really wanted to use was the K2 P2 rib tubular bind off. Most of the information I read said was only good for the K1 P1 rib. It looks ok but I will do a swatch and try the tubular the next time.














Here's Rushing Rivulet by of course Cat Bordhi using the Riverbed architecture. I have finished them but don't have picture of them on. They turned out much better than I had hoped. I thought my guage may have been too tight but they fit like a glove. I keep reading that guage for socks should be snug or the heels won't wear well. If I knit lots of socks I'll have a pair for every day of the month. How's that for logic. Won't be long and I'll be there.



I've started Spring Thaw Socks from Knitters Summer 2008. I'm using Shibui Socks in the sand colorway. I'm about half way through the arch expansion.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! I can't wait to see them up close and personal~!