Friday, September 5, 2008

Wollmeise Sock Club Spoilers

People in Europe are starting to receive their 1st installment of the sock club. Pictures are here. Sorry you need to be a member of Ravelry to see them. We're just over the pond can't take that long can it?
I received my 2nd installment of the Sundara Seasons Club in Winter and Spring. We got the lace this shipment. I do like knitting lace but it takes so darn long and I have enough shawls to last me a lifetime, I really don't wear them that often. One is Crushed Cherries and the other is Honeyed Hibiscus. The Honeyed Hibiscus is similar to the Tulip shawl I'm working on by Sivia Harding, just darker. The Crushed Cherries is absolutely gorgeous. Pictures to come, the package arrived late this afternoon and we got a lot of rain today so very gray.
I've finished Rushing Rivulet Socks in Shibui Sock in Seaweed and Rib and Cable Socks by Nancy Bush from Interweave Knits Fall 2005.
I started on Empoisonnee yesterday by Yarnissima. I've started the toe 3 times so far and am on a bit of a hiatus for now. I detest short row toes and was trying to get to the same point in the toe a different way. So far it's not working I think I'm going to have to break down and do it her way. Her patterns are stunning. You can buy Empoisonnee at Twist Collective. Cookie also has a new pattern called Lissajous from Twist Collective. I bought that as well. Cat Bordhi has a free pattern from the same place called Houdini.
I'm working on a sock for Martin using the riverbed architecture with Scholler Stahl Socka Color. I bought it from a store here in town that was going out of business. I bought 10 balls thinking I would make a sweater until I got them home and realized I had about 5 different dye lots. The thing about making socks for men is they go on and on and on:) Oh well one out of 6 pairs isn't bad is it??

No comments: