Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WWKIP day in North Bay



June 14th was World Wide Knit in Public. The weather looked a bit gray but the day turned out great. North Bay has a population of about 56,000 and about 12 of us were there in the morning. It moved down to the waterfront in the afternoon, not sure how many showed up.

I'm working on Mad Color Weave, a free pattern.. in Brown over Cocoa by Sundara Yarns. I will try and post a picture soon. The weather here is only good for ducks at the moment. Sundara has a new website, go check it out. She's not posted any new yarns but I always check. I'm waiting for my Seasons shipment being mailed out any day now. I joined up for the Spring and Summer Seasons. I'm a winter person but seem to be changing as I get older, go figure. I think it has something to do with the styles and fads.

I finally decided what to do with the Silk Lace from Sundara. I'm knitting Siva Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawl. I've done about 6 repeats to the pattern and have at least 6 more. I'm using a 2.75 mm but should be using a 3.75 mm. I wanted it to be finer, as well I have a 1000 yards, don't want any leftovers. The darn stuff is worth it's weight in gold:) The pattern calls for 750 yards. The neat thing about the pattern is you work the edging as you go along so very little finishing.

Another cool sock blog to check out is Dave from Ottawa, he does not post as much as I'd like but he is obsessed about socks and designs his own. I'm also finding out that life interferes with things we'd like to do more of:)) Drat.

Off to make supper, hopefully will have some pictures soon. Rain, rain go away, come again another day.


No comments: