Sunday, April 13, 2008

First time blogger







I'm obsessed about knitting. At the moment I'm churning out socks like it's nobodies business.








Hi, my name is Terrol. I live in North Bay, Ontario and it's Spring, what more can anybody ask for. And by the way the sun is shining.


If you had told me that I would be spending hours on the internet perusing blogs I would have told you, you were crazy. How I found the Yarn Harlot I do not know but she's changed my life and many others I'm sure. I'm 52 (almost) and see my life going in a different direction. Martin and I run Torbay Cottages and we'd like to sell and Martin retire and I to design patterns and have a yarn store on line. Probably mostly sock yarn. Did I say I was obsessed about knitting socks:)
I've designed my first sock. It won't get any gasps, "wow" but it tickled me. And here's a picture.
Look up for picture:), having troubles putting them where I want them.

I bought the yarn at Yarn Forward in Ottawa. It is Lang Jawoll Cotton superwash. Basically there are 3 lines of fake cables up the front "K2, *replace stitches to left needle, K2 tog TBL, K1, repeat from *. If I have a choice I use 2 circulars and knit toe up. These were knit on 2 circulars and done toe up.

My other obsession is walking with my dog Sadie.
As I'm having some troubles putting pictures where I want them I'll leave that delight for another time. I walk with the previous owner of Torbay, Steve Landsberg and his dog Brandy.
More about knitting on my next post.
Toodles.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Terrol

Congratulations to your own new blog. I love the idea of you opening up an online shop for all the "knitters" out there. I am sure that you will have lot's of fun with this and your blog.

My wife Sue was not keen at the beginning to have some blogs, but now she loves to write what's going on around here.

Have a nice and sunny week

André