Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So many choices



This came in the mail last week. Sundara silky fingering and silk lace. The yarn is part of Sundara's "Flowers from my mother's garden - Tulip". This yarn was only available for the month of March. I had planned on making " A Luxurious Secret" from Summer 2002 IK in the lace. I have made it in the Jaggerspun Zephyr silk/merino. It turned out very nice. I thought for a nice present to myself to do it again and make a matching pair of socks in the fingering silk. I've started the swatch in the silk but not sure yet what I'm going to do.



I finished the Firestarter last night. I will definitely do these again.














I've started swatching for Ann Hanson's "Marie Antoinette" in one of the yarns she recomends "Harmony Superwash Merino/Nylon Sock Yarn" in colorway Tupelo Honey from "The Woolen Rabbit. Ann's patterns are unique and very well written. She also does some beautiful lace if your interested. Do go take a look. As soon as I cast on and have something to show will post a picture. Picture of yarn is below. The picture makes it look green but is like honey, wonderful shades of honey for the Queen Bee sock:)



Must go do some chores. Have a great day!

No comments: