Monday, April 14, 2008


Put something down that is soft and cozy and what happens but a
cat appears. That is Garfield. I'm working on Firestarter. Once I had figured out how to go about it went fairly quickly. Second sock not so well. I guess I was getting cocky. I nearly finished eating up the last of the gusset stitches when I realized I'd forgotten to do the pattern on the back of the heel. Darn. Ripped it back and onwards I went. Things were going too well when I noticed a mistake. Decided best go to bed and sleep on it. Ripped it back again and am now on the last stretch. This is not a pattern for the faint of heart, whilst the pattern is free you can find help. If you have a membership to ravelry you can do a search for firestarter and see lots of projects with different yarns etc. I do have a chart that I got off ravelry but can't find where I got it. The yarn is Socks that Rock lightweight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. There are lots of comments about the yarn pooling but it pools so nicely:) I really like this yarn.



I tried to get a detailed picture of the heel. They are made toe up,
using Judy Beckers magic cast on. If you have New Pathways for Sock Knitters, book one there is a detailed article showing how to do it. Also you will find links on her site to a video showing how it is done.
I cast on 10 stitches to two 2.5 mm circulars. I'm not really fond of short row heels and toes although I have done them.






Well that's it for today, Sadie and I are off for a walk.





No comments: